Camosun logo for print

Camosun named one of Canada’s Top 50 Research Colleges

November 1, 2018 - 8:52 am ? Media Centre ? Camosun Staff

With successes in applied research and innovation fuelling Camosun’s strategic rise, the college has substantially increased its ranking among Canada’s Top 50 research colleges, leapfrogging from 41st to 26th place in only one year. Research intensity grew a tremendous 69.2%.

Camosun Chargers men's basketball team brings new depth to home openers

October 31, 2018 - 10:10 am ? Media Centre ? Camosun Staff

The เกมยิงปลาที่ดีที่สุดCamosun Chargers Men's Basketball team is preparing for an exciting week as they open the 2018-19 season against Island Rivals, the VIU Mariners and the PACWEST's newest contender, the Okanagan College Coyotes.

Camosun Chargers women’s basketball team faces new season with continued tenacity

October 30, 2018 - 8:44 am ? Media Centre ? Camosun Staff

Following an eight-year absence from the PACWEST podium, the Camosun Chargers Women’s Basketball team impressed both fans and foes alike last season with their tenacity and determination as the squad fought their way to an epic battle in the gold medal game of the 2018 Provincial Championships where they netted the program’s first medal finish since 2010.

Camosun hosts alumni event in Tokyo with Josai International University

October 26, 2018 - 2:54 pm ? Media Centre ? Camosun Staff

Camosun College Alumni Association and Josai International University (JIU) co-hosted an alumni event at the Embassy of Canada in Tokyo on October 25.

Camosun faculty and staff collaborate on Indigenization guides for BC post-secondary institutions

October 24, 2018 - 1:39 pm ? Media Centre ? Camosun Staff

BC post-secondary faculty and staff now have a wealth of in-depth resources and support as they work toward incorporating reconciliation and Indigenization into their teaching and learning practices, thanks to a new series of open educational guides. The project was managed by Camosun College faculty member Dianne Biin in collaboration with BCcampus, the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills and Training and a community of Indigenous and ally writers across the province.

Camosun's exchange with New Zealand Maoris promotes international Indigenous education

October 16, 2018 - 9:24 am ? Media Centre ? Camosun Staff

The themes of shared values, meaningful connections, positive relationships and applied learning were woven throughout the two-week trip to Victoria in September that Camosun College's Todd Ormiston facilitated for five Maori visitors from ARA Institute in Canterbury, New Zealand.

Chargers women’s volleyball team is priming up for an exciting season on the PACWEST stage

October 10, 2018 - 2:05 pm ? Media Centre ? Camosun Staff

The Camosun Chargers Women’s Volleyball program is priming up for an exciting new season with a core of seven returning athletes and ten newcomers eager to make their mark on the PACWEST stage.

4-Peat PACWEST Champion Chargers men’s volleyball squad sets up for the 2019 Drive for Five

October 10, 2018 - 1:01 pm ? Media Centre ? Camosun Staff

With four consecutive PACWEST Championship titles under their belt, the Camosun Chargers Men’s Volleyball team is setting up for another exciting season as the squad chases after its first-ever provincial five-peat finish.

Lynelle Yutani: "There's a special heartbeat on campus"

October 10, 2018 - 8:41 am ? Media Centre ? Camosun Staff

Lynelle Yutani:

Lynelle Yutani's first job in Canada after moving to Victoria from Wyoming in 2010 was working with the BC Cancer Agency's mobile mammography screening program.

"It was a wonderful job. I travelled extensively throughout the BC Interior helping people," she says. "And it was a really great antidote for the health care system in the US, because most screenings in Canada are covered under our medial services plan and with that single payer system, every ounce of prevention saves on cure."

Camosun golfers strike silver at PACWEST Provincials and book their ticket to Nationals

October 9, 2018 - 2:07 pm ? Media Centre ? Camosun Staff

The Camosun College Chargers Men’s Golf team struck silver this weekend at the 2018 PACWEST Provincial Championships in Nanaimo, October 5-7 and with a Top 2 finish, the squad has booked their ticket to the CCAA National Golf Championships in Medicine Hat, AB October 15-19.

Camosun teams up with Nova Scotia Community College and Thales Canada to support marine industry training needs

October 3, 2018 - 10:12 am ? Media Centre ? Camosun Staff

To better identify and respond to workforce training requirements, and as part of its commitments on the AJISS program, Thales Canada has signed an agreement with Nova Scotia Community College (NSCC), in partnership with Camosun College in British Columbia, to complete a bi-coastal analysis of the in-service support supply chain. Thales is the prime contractor for Canada’s AJISS program that will support the Royal Canadian Navy’s Arctic and Offshore Patrol Ships and Joint Support Ships built under the National Shipbuilding Strategy.

Camosun participates in “ShakeOut” earthquake drill on October 18

October 2, 2018 - 10:18 am ? Media Centre ? Camosun Staff

On Thursday October 18, 2018 at 10:20am,  Camosun will participate in the provincially coordinated ShakeOut earthquake exercise. Students, staff and faculty at both campuses will be alerted to Drop, Cover and Hold-On, evacuate buildings and go to a designated Emergency Assembly Point.

Camosun golfers finish Top 3 heading into 2018 PACWEST Provincial Championships

October 1, 2018 - 12:50 pm ? Media Centre ? Camosun Staff

Shooting a two-day total of 618 at the University of the Fraser Valley (UFV) Invitational this past weekend, the Camosun Chargers Golf team has advanced to third overall as the PACWEST gears up for the Provincial Championships, October 5-7 at the Nanaimo Golf and Country Club.

Farm to campus: Camosun hosts first ever Farmer’s Market at Lansdowne

October 1, 2018 - 8:51 am ? Media Centre ? Camosun Staff

With stands offering fresh local farm produce and booths set up for cooking demonstrations and information about sustainability, Camosun’s Lansdowne campus courtyard will transform into an interactive autumn farmers market open to everyone on Wednesday, October 3.

Panel: Compassion in The Criminal Justice System

September 27, 2018 - 2:17 pm ? Media Centre ? Camosun Staff

Camosun’s Criminal Justice department is hosting the Compassion in The Criminal Justice System panel on October 4 in the Gibson Auditorium on Lansdowne campus; the panel will feature criminal justice system experts from various backgrounds:

Read more…

November
S M T W T F S
28 29 30 31 1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 1

Upcoming Events

Last updated: November 2, 2018 12:41 am

Contact Us
Camosun College Lansdowne
3100 Foul Bay Rd
Victoria BC V8P 5J2
Camosun College Interurban
4461 Interurban Rd
Victoria BC V9E 2C1
  • 250–370–3000
  • 1–877–554–7555 (toll-free)

?1996–2018 Camosun College | Victoria BC, Canada | Printed: November 2, 2018 at 1:13 pm Change Everything logo for print